Next month, we’ll be attending the Clinical Pharmacy Congress at the ExCel London on the 7th and 8th June where we’ll be showcasing our PRECISION for Pharmacy software. In preparation for the event, we’ve decided to put together a short FAQ, outlining what exactly PRECISION is and how it benefits its users.
What is PRECISION and what does it do?
PRECISION for Pharmacy is a clinical pharmacy workflow management solution specifically designed to meet the unique demands of a hospital environment. Developed with the input of professional pharmacy teams, PRECISION provides the necessary transparency of patients’ needs and requirements by bringing all the parts together and ensuring optimal care.
The analytics and reporting module of PRECISION for Pharmacy ensures all your data, throughout the hospital, is at the fingertips of your team at any time. Time spent transcribing data and producing reports is eliminated allowing pharmacy staff to focus on patients to ensure optimum outcomes.
Who is PRECISION for?
PRECISION provides a real-time view of tasks, such as Discharge, Kardex Review and Medicines Reconciliation, allocated to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians by the system or colleagues who have delegated on their behalf.
It also provides a desktop feature for pharmacy managers which gives live team updates of workloads and pharmaceutical interventions. In the event of delayed discharge requests, user-defined escalations ensure colleagues are supported through timely and transparent patient interventions.
- For Pharmacy Managers | PRECISION gives pharmacy managers the tools they need to better manage their teams. By providing full visibility including allocation and reallocation of tasks based on patient needs and your team’s workload- you can be confident that patients will be seen by the right pharmacist at the right time
- For pharmacists and technicians | Prioritising workload based on patient complexity is essential. Whether covering a single ward or an entire pool, PRECISION gives pharmacists and pharmacy technicians the ability to see what is needed and where – quickly and clearly.
How does PRECISION work?
By integrating with the Hospital Patient Administration System, PRECISION allows pharmacy team members to use their mobile device to view and manage their worklists in real time, as well as create, accept or delegate tasks. This ensures that no patients are overlooked for Kardex Review, Med Reconciliation or discharge.
PRECISION also allows pharmacy staff to record pertinent information such as AKI, Complications, Adherence and other critical information.
What are the benefits of PRECISION?
In a trial environment, PRECISION for Pharmacy has delivered:
- Overall efficiencies and cost savings of more than £500k P.A.
- An overall increase in team capacity of 22%
- Increase in medicines reconciliation on admission and discharge
- PRECISION users reported improved team spirit, a greater sense of cohesion and a sense of empowerment within their role.
How can I find out more?
If you’re attending the Clinical Pharmacy Congress, call along and see us and we’ll happy to show you a demo of PRECISION in action. We’ll be exhibiting at stand J62, right beside the exit to the Medicines Optimisation Workshop Theatre.
If you’re not attending, but you’d like to find out more about PRECISION for Pharmacy, contact us using the form below or call us on +44 2890 669 002.